Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Sloppy Joes are an easy and unique twist on traditional sloppy joes. This recipe is extra saucy, exploding with flavor, and packed with melty cheese. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or football Sunday!
Before I recipe tested this recipe, I couldn’t remember the last time I had a sloppy joe. It had been a long while. I had a craving for a good, messy sloppy joe, but I wanted to kick things up a notch. So, I introduce my Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Sloppy Joes. Think chili cheese dip meets sloppy joes. What’s not to love?
To make things even better, these sloppy joes are made in the slow cooker, making your life much easier, and are also perfect for game day or tailgating! Whip up a batch, invite all your friends over and watch the game.
Speak of football Sunday. Every time I hear Teddy Bridgewater’s name, I immediately start singing (in my head or out loud, depending on my audience), “Hey, Teddy. Hey, Teddy. Won’t you want to come to my birthday, hey?” Obadiah (aka Skolbadiah) is so cute! Watching these video’s immediately brings a smile to my face! I just love that Teddy actually surprised Obadiah for his birthday and that they made a video together! It just pulls at my heartstrings! If you’re lost, you HAVE to watch the videos; they are adorable! Click here to watch video one, video two and video three.
BTW, I have an idea! Invite your friends over, make some Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Sloppy Joes, turn on the game, and watch Obadiah’s videos during halftime while chowing down!
More delicious ground beef recipes:
Chili Cheese Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 16 ounce can chili beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Optional toppings: sliced cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, jalapenos
- Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat until just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the meat and all the remaining ingredients except the cheddar cheese to the slow cooker. Stir together. Cook on high for 1 hour or low for 2 hours.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve with hamburger buns and your favorite toppings!
- You can also very easily make these sloppy joes right on the stove! Cook the ground beef and onion as directed above, then add all remaining ingredients except for the cheese, to the pan. Stir to combine and let cook a couple minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Instead of using a bun, these sloppy joes are super delicious served over a baked potato!! I like to top my potato with butter and a sprinkle of salt then the sloppy joe meat and a dollop of sour cream!