Crazy good burgers! Insanely juicy and flavorful burgers that are dripping with butter, smothered in melty cheese, and tucked between buttery, toasted buns.
Have you ever had a Culver's butter burger? Yeah, me neither lol. But, I do know that everything is better when cooked in butter, so I gave a homemade butter burger a try! The verdict: SO SO GOOD! We're talking extra juicy, dripping with salted butter, and smothered in melty cheese. Even the bun is toasted with butter! There is no better way to fry a burger.
Let's talk about how much butter is involved in making these burgers. The burgers are cooked in butter, and while they cook you'll use a spoon to scoop the butter in the skillet and baste the burgers to essentially infuse the butters with butter. Then the burgers are tucked between a bun that's toasted with butter. Lots of butter = lots of flavor. If you haven't figured it out yet, these burgers are not for the health-conscious. Also, I just realized that the lettuce I used on the burgers in the photos is called butter lettuce! Seriously couldn't be more perfect!
Beef. Choose your favorite ground beef. I like to use beef from my family's farm! I always recommend buying local grass-fed beef 🙂
Salt & pepper. To season the beef.
Butter. I like to use salted butter.
Cheese. I recommend american or cheddar.
Buns. Your favorite hamburger buns. I used brioche buns that I just found at my local grocery store.
Bacon. I like to use classic or thin cut so it gets nice and crispy, making it easier to bite into on a burger.
Optional garnishes. Top the burgers with your favorite garnishes. I like to add lettuce for some fresh crunch. Caramelized onions would be good too!
Have you tried my Beer Cheese Burgers on Pretzel Buns?!
The Beer Cheese Burger is one of the most popular recipes on Modern Farmhouse Eats! For good reason! Juicy burgers are smothered in the BEST homemade beer cheese sauce then topped beer caramelized onions and jalapeños all on pretzel buns!
Bacon Butter Burger
- 8 bacon slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 cheese slices (I recommend american or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil so the foil goes up the sides. Lay the bacon the prepared baking sheet. When preheated, bake the bacon for 12-15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Spread the inside of each bun (top and bottom) with about 1 teaspoon of butter. Place the buns butter side down in a large skillet over medium heat. Toast until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- To the same skillet over medium heat, melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Divide the beef into 4 patties. Place the patties in the skillet, working in batches, if needed. Smash the burgers using a spatula until they're slightly larger than your burger buns. Season with salt and pepper. As the burgers cook, use a spoon to scoop and baste the burgers with the melted butter in the skillet. Add more butter as needed. Flip once, continue basting, and cook one minute less than desired doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese. Cook for another minute, then transfer burgers to the toasted buns and top with bacon and your favorite garnishes!