Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Brownies are the ultimate holiday treat! Rich and fudgy brownies infused with peppermint and espresso, drizzled with dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies.
These brownies are soo delicious. Definitely, one of my best creations. They are a MUST make.
I know peppermint isn’t everyone’s favorite flavor of dessert. I think some people hate it and others love it. With peppermint desserts, I feel like I’ve always been in between. BUT, these Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Brownies are a different story. Honestly, they have just the right touch of peppermint, are super fudgy and pack a little crunch from peppermint candies. Mmm I devoured them with a big glass of milk.
How do you eat your brownies? Milk or no milk? In a bowl with milk? With a fork, a spoon or your hands? Well, I absolutely cannot eat brownies without milk. It’s a necessity. I either eat my brownies with a drink of milk in every bite or in a bowl full of milk.
I feel like I have sensitive taste buds to sweets. So, I always need something cold and refreshing to help balance it all out. My family on the other hand, especially my parents and Derek, they are sweet addicts. There is always candy or sweets in the house.
I tested this recipe last week when I was out on the farm. Since then, I’ve downed the peppermint extract a tad and upped the espresso powder. Now, they are just perfect, and I love them. So does everyone else who’s tried them aka my family. Oh, and everyone at John’s work.
Speak of the farm, I finally convinced my brother to help me make the goat’s pen larger. We doubled the size. They love it, I think. Actually, it takes them quite some time to adjust to change. Previously, we moved them from a smaller pen to a larger pen, and they still kept trying to go back to the old, smaller one. They’re silly. They are also obsessed with human attention and lots of food. Adorable. I bet they would like my Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Brownies. Can goats even have chocolate?
Anyways, I’m not sure any human is going to want to share these brownies. Once you make them, you will understand. And if you’re looking for another extremely delicious brownie recipe, you also HAVE to try my Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies!
Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate for melting I used Ghirardelli melting wafers
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking oil spray and line with parchment paper (this helps the parchment hold tight to the pan*).
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, vegetable oil, and sugar and whisk together until combined. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract to wet mixture, and whisk for about a minute until combined and lighter in color.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold in until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour and spread batter evenly into prepared pan in an even layer. Bake 30-35 minutes until brownies are set and not jiggly but still soft and fudgy in the center. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick will come out slightly dirty, but keep in mind the brownies will continue to cook in the pan once they are out of the oven.
- Once done, remove pan from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Brownies will be very gooey when they're warm.
- Before serving, melt dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring between.
- Lift brownies from pan and drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of ice cold milk!