Fudgy, chewy brownies swirled with peanut butter and baked over a sweet graham cracker crust, then topped with melty, toasted marshmallows. Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies are amazingly good and addicting!
Summer brings with it some of the best things: lots of sun, lake days and nighttime campfires with s’mores. It doesn’t get better than that. Throw in some friends, family, and beer, and I’m one happy girl.
Being that I grew up in a small town in Minnesota, we always found an open space in the middle of nowhere to have the best bonfires with lots of friends. Some of the best memories are created around a bonfire with a beer in hand.
Have you had peanut butter on your s’mores? A friend of mine actually just showed me this clever little trick a month ago when we were sitting around a campfire at my parent’s farm.
Combining fudgy brownies, peanut butter, and s’mores into one, just seems pretty genius to me. But soon you’ll understand.
These are easy to make and are so delicious served warm just as you would with a s’mores. And, you know what goes oh so perfectly with a fudgy brownie? I’ll give you a second to think about it… well, if you guessed a tall glass of ice-cold milk, then we’re definitely on the same page here.
My absolute favorite way to eat a brownie is in a bowl full of milk with a spoon! If you eat your brownies the same way, you have to let me know because we should be friends 🙂
I’m pretty confident you now understand how these delicious and gooey Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies should be devoured, so go get your oven preheated and cows milked 😉 Just kidding, unless you’re me, and you actually milk cows because your parents are organic dairy farmers. Which means an endless supply of farm fresh raw milk. Cheers!
And don’t forget to check out my Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Pistachio Biscuits! Another summer staple.
More of my favorite desserts:
- Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- Dee Dee’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (the BEST you will ever have!)
- Drunken Apple Crisp with Rum Caramel
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Pistachio Biscuits
- Thick Blueberry Lemon Bars
Peanut Butter S'mores Brownies
Graham cracker crust:
- 3 cups graham crackers crumbs (about 20 graham cracker sheets)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (1½ sticks)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (1½ sticks)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and line with parchment paper (the oil helps the paper hold tight to the pan). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and press firmly into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes until set and beginning to lightly brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, vegetable oil, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract to mixture and whisk again until combined and lighter in color.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients. Using a sturdy spoon, fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined (do not overmix).
- Lightly fold the peanut butter and chocolate chips into the brownie batter. There should be streaks of peanut butter. Then gently spread the brownie batter over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with crumbs and no wet batter. You want the brownies to still be a little fudgy in the center because they will continue to cook in the hot baking dish outside of the oven.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and cover with marshmallows. Return the brownies to the middle rack of the oven and broil on low for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown. Keep a VERY close eye on your marshmallows as they brown quickly!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature (they will be very gooey when warm). Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the brownies from the baking dish then slice and enjoy!