Graham cracker crust topped with fudgy brownies swirled with peanut butter and topped with melted marshmallows. Nothing says summer like s’mores over the campfire and these Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies take summer to the next level!
Summer brings with it some of the best things: lots of sun, lake days and nighttime campfires with s’mores. It doesn’t get better than that. Throw in some friends, family, and beer, and I’m one happy girl.
Being that I grew up in a small town in Minnesota, we always found an open space in the middle of nowhere to have the best bonfires with lots of friends. Some of the best memories are created around a bonfire with a beer in hand.
Have you had peanut butter on your s’mores? A friend of mine actually just showed me this clever little trick a month ago when we were sitting around a campfire at my parent’s farm.
Combining fudgy brownies, peanut butter, and s’mores into one, just seems pretty genius to me. But soon you’ll understand.
These are easy to make and are so delicious served warm just as you would with a s’mores. And, you know what goes oh so perfectly with a fudgy brownie? I’ll give you a second to think about it… well, if you guessed a tall glass of ice-cold milk, then we’re definitely on the same page here.
My absolute favorite way to eat a brownie is in a bowl full of milk with a spoon! If you eat your brownies the same way, you have to let me know because we should be friends 🙂
I’m pretty confident you now understand how these delicious and gooey Peanut Butter S’mores Brownies should be devoured, so go get your oven preheated and cows milked 😉 Just kidding, unless you’re me, and you actually milk cows because your parents are organic dairy farmers. Which means an endless supply of farm fresh raw milk. Cheers!
And don’t forget to check out my Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Pistachio Biscuits! Another summer staple.
More of my favorite desserts:
- Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- Dee Dee’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (the BEST you will ever have!)
- Drunken Apple Crisp with Rum Caramel
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Pistachio Biscuits
- Thick Blueberry Lemon Bars
Peanut Butter S'mores Brownies
Graham cracker crust:
- 3 cups graham crackers crumbs (about 20 graham cracker sheets)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (1½ sticks)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (1½ sticks)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper (the oil helps the paper hold tight to the pan). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press firmly into the pan in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes until set and beginning to lightly brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, vegetable oil, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract to mixture and whisk again until combined and lighter in color.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined (do not overmix).
- Lightly fold 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup chocolate chips into brownie batter. There should be streaks of peanut butter. Then pour the brownie batter over graham cracker crust.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until brownies are set and not jiggly but still soft and fudgy in the center. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick will come out slightly dirty (brownies will continue to cook as they sit in the hot pan).
- Remove from oven and cover brownies with marshmallows. Return the brownies to the middle rack of the oven and broil on low for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown. Keep a VERY close eye on your marshmallows as they brown quickly!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature (they will be very gooey when warm). Remove from pan, slice, and serve with a tall glass of milk!