Ohh glorious pancakes. These healthy banana bread pancakes are made with only a few simple ingredients and your blender, and are sure to please any pancake lover!
I love pancakes smothered in butter and maple syrup, and I also love moist banana bread, again smothered in butter. Are you seeing a pattern here? I love butter. Thanks, Dad. Luckily, these banana bread pancakes perfectly combine the best of both, but using ingredients that are better for you. And, these pancakes are naturally gluten free and are just as tasty as ever. Seriously, I promise. They are amazing.
These pancakes are easily made in your blender and with ingredients that you typically already have in your kitchen. Can’t get any better than that.
Once I perfected this recipe, I started raving about these pancakes to all my family and friends because I just want everyone to know how GOOD they are. The simple and healthy ingredients in these pancakes make for the perfect breakfast that everyone will love.
Another thing I love about these pancakes is that they can be frozen and easily reheated in the toaster. This makes for a quick and delicious breakfast. In fact, right now I have a few of these pancakes in the freezer that I might have to warm up this weekend for brunch because now I’m really craving them! And, I’ll probably cook up some bacon. Mmm, bacon. The best part about my bacon is that it was organically raised on my parent’s farm, and my parents even smoke, cut and package it themselves! Yesssss. I am one lucky girl.
I bet you’re now craving banana bread pancakes and bacon. So, grab the recipe below and get to cooking!
P.S. Looking for a breakfast or brunch recipe that easily feeds a crowd? Well, here ya go: Next-Level Cheesy Breakfast Tator Tot Skillet made with maple breakfast sausage, eggs, lots of tator tots, and creamy cheese sauce for the win! You – and your friends and family – won’t be disappointed!
Fluffy and Flourless Banana Bread Pancakes
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 tablespoons milk of choice optional*
- Place oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in blender or food processor and pulse until the oats are ground into a powder-like consistency.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add eggs and vanilla; mix to combine. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix until well combined. Add walnuts to mixture and fold in.
- As mixture sits, it will thicken. Add milk to thin out mixture as necessary.
- Grease nonstick skillet with butter and heat over medium-low heat. Add 1/3 cupfuls of batter and cook until bubbly on top and golden on bottom, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook other side about 2 minutes. Makes 6 small pancakes.
- Serve with butter, sliced bananas, walnuts and maple syrup.