Easy and delicious side salad packed with veggies, bacon, and grapes then drizzled with a sweet creamy dressing. Both adults and kids devour this salad! It’s perfect for a BBQ or quick weeknight side dish, and feeds a crowd.
Over the years, I’ve had plenty of variations of side dishes consisting of broccoli or cauliflower mixed with a creamy mayonnaise dressing. But this variation was more recently introduced to me, and I’ve only seen it made by one person, my sister-in-law, Sarah, – that is until I asked her for the recipe – and it is delicious!
If you’re wondering why it’s called a Tequilaberry salad, it’s named after a restaurant that used to exist in the Twin Cities area. It must have been a well-liked side on their menu.
It’ll be our little secret 😉 but Sarah got the recipe from a girl who used to work at the restaurant; although, I made a few of my own tweaks. I added apple cider vinegar to the dressing to thin it out a bit and give it a little tang. I also added grapes and slivered almonds for added sweetness and crunch. And bam, my own version of the Tequilaberry salad.
So, I have to share with you a little bit about my past weekend. My best friend Lexie got married! Her and her now husband (so weird to say), Hassan, got married in the mountains of Oregon! It was their dream wedding, and from the pictures, it looked like a fairytale. The wedding ceremony was only for immediate family, but the following weekend they had a reception back in Minnesota – also a fairytale. Lexie is such a creative person; it was a Pinterest perfect wedding reception.
And get this; the meal at the reception was brunch! How awesome, right?! I freakin’ love brunch, and the food was amazing! The reception started at 11:30am with mimosas, brunch at 12:30pm, and donuts, dancing and drinking after. We partied the night away. Congratulations to the happy couple! #IfTheShouFits
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped (small pieces)
- 1 small head broccoli stem removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ head cauliflower stem removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grapes halved
- 1 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare lettuce, vegetables, grapes and bacon. Place ingredients into a large bowl with slivered almonds.
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad in large bowl and mix together. Serve immediately.