Lemon pepper pasta is so silky smooth and bursting with fresh lemon flavor! The sauce is light but creamy and only takes 20 minutes to prepare! The pasta can be served as a main dish or a side. It would be great with grilled chicken or fish! So simple and so delicious!!
Hello spring weather! I've been craving all things light and bright, and this pasta is just that! Although creamy, the sauce is incredibly light and silky smooth. It's made with a little butter, garlic, white wine (or chicken broth), heavy cream, lemon juice, and lots of salt and pepper! Even better, the sauce is all made in one skillet! Other than that, you just need one large pot to boil the pasta, then transfer the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss together - that part is key!
This pasta is so delicious that it can be served as the main dish. But if you're looking to add some protein, I love to serve it with grilled chicken breasts or white fish. So so perfect! A side of green beans or broccoli is also a great addition!
Pasta. I used long fusilli pasta that I found at our local grocery. I thought it was so cute! But you can use whatever kind of long cut pasta you please, such as spaghetti or angel hair. Honestly, you could even use short cut pasta, such as rigatoni or penne.
Butter. As always, I used salted butter.
Garlic. Just a couple cloves of fresh garlic. You can use about half teaspoon of garlic powder, if needed.
White wine. Wine adds good flavor and helps to thin out the sauce a little bit. But, you can use chicken broth if you prefer.
Heavy cream. This is what makes the sauce nice and creamy.
Lemon. I used the juice of one whole fresh lemon. It adds so much bright flavor. If needed, you can use about 3 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice. Just do a little taste test.
Parmesan. I like to use grated parmesan, like you would sprinkle on your spaghetti, because it doesn't make the sauce cheesy, it just adds flavor.
Salt and pepper. You will need lots of salt and pepper. Other than the lemon juice, this is where a lot of your flavor comes from.
Fresh parsley. If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color.
Lemon zest. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll garnish the pasta with a little lemon zest.
More of my favorite pasta recipes!
Creamy Lemon Pepper Pasta
- 8 ounces long fusilli pasta (or any other long cut pasta, such as spaghetti or angel hair)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnishes: fresh chopped parsely, lemon zest and black pepepr
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and cook the pasta till al dente. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce.
- Add the butter and garlic to a large skillet. Heat over medium heat until the buter is melted and the garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Pour in the white wine and let simmer until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Add in the heavy cream, whisk and let simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the lemon juice, then the parmesan. Season well with lots of salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is done, reserve one cup of pasta water. Pour half a cup of the pasta water into the sauce. Using tongs, transfer the pasta to the sauce and toss until combined. Let the pasta cook in the sauce for 1-2 minutes. If needed, add more pasta water to thin out the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, lemon zest and more black pepper.