These mini strawberry galettes are made super easy with puff pastry and are filled with strawberries, brie and cream cheese!
To be completely honest, I didn’t really even know what a galette was before I developed this recipe. All I knew is that I wanted to create an easy summer pastry that included some of my favorite things: fruit and cheese. I was doing a little research on types of pastries, and making a galette just seemed like the perfect match for the ingredients I wanted to use.
What I learned is that a galette is a rustic, freeform pastry that is typically flat and round. It is made using flaky pastry dough and filled with fruit, similar to pie filling. The edges of the galette are hand-folded just enough to hold the fruit in.
For my recipe, I decided to make the galettes mini and use puff pastry because it is so quick and easy to work with and it perfectly compliments the filling.
Well now that you’ve completed the course Galette: 101, it’s time you put your newfound knowledge to work and bake up some Super Easy Mini Strawberry + Brie and Cream Cheese Galettes. This recipes makes 4 small galettes, serving 4 people, and are delicious with vanilla ice cream or whip cream!
What I really love about these galettes is that they look fancy but are SO EASY to make. And they are delicious, 0f course. You’ll be sure to impress with this dessert! Mmm mmm so good!
Super Easy Mini Strawberry, Brie and Cream Cheese Galettes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed, chilled
- 3 ounces brie
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water to create an egg wash.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out the long sides of the puff pastry to create an even square, about 12 x 12 inches. Cut sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal squares. Place the 4 pastry squares onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cut brie and cream cheese into small cubes about the size of dice. Drop half of brie and cream cheese cubes into center of each pastry square.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries with sugar, almond extract, orange zest and cornstarch. Equally spoon strawberry mixture into the center of each pastry square. Drop the remaining brie and cream cheese cubes equally among each pastry, over the strawberries. Fold edges of pastry over fruit and cheese and crimp to form a round shape. Brush the top of each puff pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Once done, transfer to a wire rack to cool.