15-minute cinnamon sugar doughnuts made from biscuit dough! Quick, easy and loved by all!
Growing up, my most memorable breakfast was waking up to freshly cooked doughnuts! My mom always made us breakfast (she’s a saint), and the mornings that I woke up to doughnuts were always the best! Still warm and freshly rolled in cinnamon sugar, we ate them as quick as she could make them.
Who knew the process of making fresh doughnuts could be so simple? Well, thank the lord my mom did. You literally pop the biscuits out of the can, use a pop bottle cap to cut out the center, and fry those puppies to golden perfection. And actually, my recipe varies slightly from my mom’s because I decided to roll mine in melted butter before tossing them in cinnamon sugar. I LOVE butter, so why not drench doughnuts in it? I definitely get my butter addiction from my dad – well, both my parents – but if you see my dad butter a piece of toast, you’ll understand.
Being dairy farmers, my family goes through butter like you wouldn’t imagine – actually, any dairy product for that matter. The best part, we have an unlimited supply of raw organic, grass-fed milk.
These doughnuts actually remind me of mini doughnuts from the state fair. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to the Minnesota State Fair this year because as I’m writing this, I am on my way to Washington for a little vacation! I am mostly excited to hike in the mountains and stuff my face with fresh seafood. And, I’d say that beats the fair.
So, if you’re not able to make it to your state’s fair and you need a fix, or you just love doughnuts, then go make these delicious doughnuts! You won’t be disappointed.
4-Ingredient Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ stick butter melted
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet or pan with tall sides over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until oil is hot enough to cook the biscuits without soaking up too much oil.*
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, melt butter.
- Separate each biscuit, and use a bottle cap to cut out the center of each biscuit. Keep the centers to fry as donut holes!
- When the oil is heated, begin frying by placing a few donuts at a time into the heated oil. Cook until the bottom of donuts turn golden, then flip and cook the other side. Total cook time will be about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove cooked donuts from oil and place on paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the oil.
- While still warm, dip all sides of the donuts in the melted butter then into the cinnamon sugar until all sides are covered. Enjoy while warm!