Cheesy garlic bread doesn't get much better than this! Homemade roasted garlic dip is spread between all the cracks of the bread followed by lots of mozzarella cheese! The roasted garlic dip sets this garlic bread apart from all others. It's nothing like you've ever had before. This fun pull-apart cheesy appetizer can even be made ahead of time.
This delicious appetizer is perfect for the busy holiday season! Your family and friends will go crazy over it! It's like garlic dip meets cheese bread. The roasted garlic dip packs so much flavor and the bread is stuffed with so much cheese. Be sure to serve while still warm and melty for maximum cheese pull!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Made with roasted garlic dip. My secret ingredient that sets this cheesy garlic bread apart from all the others: roasted garlic dip! I mix together chive and onion chip dip, mayo, roasted garlic, parmesan, and parsley. The dip is spread between all the cracks of the bread adding so much flavor and setting it apart from all other garlic bread!
- Extra cheesy. Don't be shy with the mozzarella cheese. We want that delicious cheese pull!
- Make ahead. This stuffed garlic bread can be made 1-2 days in advance, making it the perfect appetizer for the busy holiday season.
- Garlic bulbs
- Olive oil
- Chive and onion chip dip
- Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley divided
- Crusty bread
- Mozzarella cheese
How to make cheese stuffed garlic bread
Making this delicious cheese garlic bread gets a little messy but it's super simple and worth the messy fingers!
- Roast the garlic. Roasting garlic creates soft caramelized cloves enhancing the flavor tremendously.
- Crosshatch the bread. Cut a crosshatch pattern into the bread loaf leaving the bottom crust intact, creating about 1-inch squares.
- Roasted garlic dip & mozzarella cheese. Mix together chive and onion dip, mayo, roasted garlic, parmesan, and parsley. Spread between all the cracks of the bread followed by the cheese.
- Brush with parsley butter. Mix together melted butter and parsley then brush all over the top of the loaf.
- Bake. Bake until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe.
Watch how it's made.
Watch my recipe video on Instagram or TikTok at Modern Farmhouse Eats.
Be sure to follow me while you're there!
Tips and tricks
- Stuff with lots of roasted garlic dip and cheese. Things can get a little messy during this part, but don't be shy! Be sure to pull apart all the cracks and stuff the dip down to the bottom of the loaf followed by the cheese.
- If the tinfoil is sticking to the cheese on top of the bread. Spray the inside of the foil with olive oil spray to prevent it from sticking to the cheese.
- Serve immediately. Stuffed garlic bread is best served fresh out of the oven while the cheese is still warm and melty!
This is a great make-ahead appetizer recipe that's perfect for the busy holiday season! The bread can be prepared 1-2 days in advance.
Prepare the loaf as directed in the recipe, spreading the roasted garlic dip between all the cracks and stuffing with cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate until you're ready to bake. Remove from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to baking to allow the bread to come to room temperature.
If you have any leftover bread, wrap in foil and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the foil-wrapped loaf in the oven at 375°F until the bread is warm and the cheese is melted.
More recipes you'll love
You can watch the recipe video on my Instagram or TikTok to see how it's made!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and a comment below! I'd love to hear from you! If you’re on Instagram, share a picture of the food you created and tag me at Modern Farmhouse Eats! I enjoy seeing all the pictures! 😊
Cheesy Roasted Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chive and onion chip dip
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley divided
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut about ¼ inch off the top of the garlic bulbs to expose the garlic cloves, then peel away the loose, papery outer layers of the garlic while leaving the cloves connected. Place on a sheet of foil and drizzle olive oil over the exposed surface of the garlic. Seal up the foil and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cut a crosshatch pattern into the bread loaf leaving the bottom crust intact, creating about 1 inch squares.
- Spread the roasted garlic dip in all the cracks of the bread followed by the mozzarella cheese.
- Melt the butter and mix in the parsley. Brush half of the butter mixture over the loaf.
- Place the loaf on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Brush with the remaining parsley butter and serve immediately while warm!
Leave a Reply