Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Waffles with Chili
Yield 4-5 servings
Perfect way to devour leftover chili! Crispy, cheesy and spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Waffles smothered in chili and drizzled with maple syrup.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter (slightly cooled)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, diced (including seeds and membranes)
- In a large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, honey and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Once mixed together, stir in shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos.
- Heat and grease your waffle iron, and cook the waffles according to your waffle iron’s directions.
- Serve warm covered with your favorite chili and maple syrup!
I recommend leaving the seeds and membranes in the jalapeno because it honestly wasn't that spicy. It was perfect!
Recipe by Modern Farmhouse Eats at https://www.modernfarmhouseeats.com/jalapeno-cheddar-cornbread-waffles/