Easy and healthy sweet chili salmon and broccolini foil packs are ready in 30 minutes! This fun and tasty grilled dinner is perfect for summer nights.
I love salmon because it can be made in so many different ways with some many different flavors. I also love it because its both so delicious and healthy. Salmon is packed full of vitamins, omega-3 fatty acid and lots of high-quality protein. Salmon combined with nutrient dense broccolini, and you have yourself a damn good (and healthy) dinner. To top it off, this dinner for four is ready in 30 minutes or less!
Living in Minnesota makes me so grateful for summer aka grilling season. That’s one of the perks of living in a state that’s cold the majority of the year… one of the very few perks 😉 So that means firing up the grill the second it’s warm enough to stand outside for more than 5 minutes without a winter jacket and continuing to grill until the snow flies again.
These Sweet Chili Salmon Foil Packs are the perfect way to take advantage of grilling season. Everything is cooked and served right inside the foil pack! This makes for a fun week night family dinner or a weekend BBQ with friends! It also means easy clean-up; you don’t even need plates!
If you’re looking for some carbs to go with your salmon and broccolini, I highly recommend serving this dinner with brown rice. After the salmon and broccolini are done cooking, toss the cooked brown rice right in the foil pack, drizzle everything with sweet chili sauce, garnish with cilantro and fresh squeezed lemon and dinner is served! Quick, healthy and tasty grilled dinner… perfect for a summer night!
Grilled Sweet Chili Salmon Foil Packs
- 4 salmon fillets
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 16-24 broccolini florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- 4 servings cooked brown rice for serving if desired
- In a small bowl, combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, ginger, and 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Place broccolini florets in a medium bowl. Drizzle broccolini with olive oil and season with 2 minced garlic cloves, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange one salmon fillet and 4-6 broccolini florets in the center of one 12x12 inch piece of foil. Repeat with remaining salmon and broccolini florets on 3 other pieces of foil. Spread 3/4th of the sweet chili mixture over the four salmon fillets.
- Fold the foil tightly around the salmon or use a second piece of foil to cover and seal the edges together tightly so the juices don’t run out while grilling.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until salmon is flaky and broccolini florets are tender.
- Once done, drizzle salmon with remaining sweet chili sauce and freshly squeezed lemon juice and garnish with cilantro. If desired, serve with brown rice right in the foil pack.