Sweet tea vodka and lemonade popsicles are the perfect treat to cool you down at your next adult summer party or BBQ!
Have you ever wondered how the Arnold Palmer drink came about me? Well, me too, so I did some quick research. Rumor has it, in 1960 at the U.S. Open, Arnold Palmer ordered a non-alcoholic glass of iced tea mixed with lemonade, and a woman sitting nearby overheard his order and ordered herself “the Palmer drink”.
It is said that Arnold enjoyed the drink as three parts unsweetened tea and one part lemonade; although, now the beverage is most commonly drank as half iced tea and half lemonade.
Also, did you know that an Arnold Palmer drink mixed with vodka is called a John Daly. To be honest, I didn’t know that until now 🙂 But here’s the story. Originally, it’s said that people referred to this vodka version of an Arnold Palmer as an “Adult Arnold Palmer.” That is until John Daly arrived on the golf scene. In the mid-1990s, it became publicly known that Daly had a drinking problem, and so as a joke, other golfers and the public began referring to the drink as a “John Daly”.
Although the name of this recipe should probably be ‘John Daly Popsicles’, I like the ring of ‘Spiked Arnold Palmer Popsicles’ instead. Also, I didn’t even know that John Daly was the “correct” name until now, so odds are that I’m not the only one. So, behold the Spiked Arnold Palmer Popsicles.
These popsicles are super simple to make, not too sweet and just the right amount of vodka. For this recipe, I used freshly squeezed lemons, water, sugar and Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka. Four simple ingredients and you have yourself a tasty popsicle that will get you a little buzzed 😉
I just love Jeremiah Sweet Tea because it makes mixing a drink so freakin’ simple and delicious.
Mix up and freeze a batch or three of these tasty popsicles for your next adult party or BBQ! They are the perfect way to cool down and get your buzz on. Another great way to achieve both of those things, by mixing up some Sparkling Jalapeño Grapefruit Margaritas made with only 5 ingredients, but lots of tequila! Cheers, my friends.
Spiked Arnold Palmer Popsicles
Yield 6 popsicles
Sweet tea vodka and lemonade popsicles are the perfect treat to cool you down at your next summer party or BBQ!
- 1/2 cup Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka
- 1 cup water, lukewarm
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2.5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add in lemon juice and sweet tea vodka; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture from bowl into large measuring cup for easier pouring. Equally divide the sweet tea vodka and lemonade mixture among 6 3-ounce popsicle molds. Leave about 1/4 inch space at the top of the molds for expansion while the popsicles freeze.
- If your molds come with covers to hold up popsicle sticks, place the covers on and sticks in. If your molds don't have caps, I recommend using small pieces of tinfoil as a cover, then puncture a slit in the center for the sticks.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours or until completely frozen.
You may end up with a little extra mixture, so if your popsicle molds are a little larger than 3 ounces, you should have enough mixture to fill them.