Sparkling Jalapeño Grapefruit Margarita with Chili Lime Salt
Yield 1 drink
Not too sweet, not too spicy. This Jalapeño Grapefruit Margarita is made just right with only 5 ingredients and lots of tequila. Perfect for summer days!
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2-3 jalapeno slices with seeds
- Chili powder
- Lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 ounce triple sec, orange liqueur
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice*
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces sparkling water (unflavored, lime or grapefruit)
- Fill a cup or jar with tequila and add in 2-3 jalapenos slices with seeds. Let sit for about 15-30 minutes so the tequila becomes infused. More time means a spicer drink.
- Fill a shallow bowl with salt and sprinkle with chili powder to taste; stir to combine. Rub a lime wedge around the top rim of a glass; dip rim of glass in salt and chili mixture.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add infused tequila, triple sec, grapefruit juice and lime juice; shake vigorously. Alternatively, use a large jar or stir together in a large glass. Pour over fresh ice in rimmed glass (while straining out the ice that was used in shaker) and add 2 ounces of sparkling water. Serve garnished with grapefruit and jalapeno slices.
*I recommend using freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or store-bought not-from concentrate grapefruit juice
Recipe by Modern Farmhouse Eats at http://www.modernfarmhouseeats.com/sparkling-jalapeno-grapefruit-margarita-chili-lime-salt/